Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Revelation Chapter 11 - April 21, 2009

This chapter is full all kinds of what I like to call "symbology," so I am just going to leave that stuff alone and talk about what really speaks to me. What speaks to me is the image of the two prophets of God standing alone and proclaiming his truth to the world. There is power in the truth of God and there is power in their message. The world rejects them and turns against them, but they continue to speak out. When their message has been spread throughout the world - the forces of evil kill them and dance and laugh at the destruction of God's prophets. The world thinks it has won...yet God breathes life back into his people and they rise again. God will win...the faithful are justified...the world is held accountable for its rebellion. This is the story over and over in Revelation and it encourages me. God, please let me stand against the tide of our world's culture of self-interest and proclaim your truth. God, please give me the strength to stay true to you no matter what gets thrown at me. God, please use me as a tool to spread your truth through this world.

1 comment:

Matt said...

verse 5: that would be a cool x-man power.