Monday, January 7, 2013

Exodus 3, Luke 6, Job 20 and I Corinthians 7

Sorry I have been such a slacker on this over the holidays! Time to get back in the swing of things...

Exodus 3:11 - Moses says to God, "Who am I that I can go before the ruler of Egypt? I am just a shepherd! I have a speech impediment...I am not the man for the job!" Moses reminds me a lot of myself here. Don't we all do this kind of thing from time to time with God? Doubt what God can do through us? See only our weaknesses, choosing not to remember how God's strength shines through when we are weak? I have been having doubts like this recently. Doubts about my future. Questions about my effectiveness in ministry. Worries about my imperfections. I am like Moses, saying to God, "Who am I God? Who am I that you would use me as a valuable part of the ministry that you are doing at Northside?" I know how flawed I am...I know how selfish I can be...but this story reminds me of the powerful way that God worked through Moses. Moses was full of doubts, but Moses chose to trust that God could use him in spite of his human brokenness. I will do the same. I will offer my flawed self...I will offer my weaknesses and strengths and know that God will move int he lives of those who trust Him. How about you?

No comments: