Monday, January 14, 2013

Exodus 4, Luke 7, Job 21 and I Corinthians 8

Moses in Exodus 4 and the Centurion in Luke 7 are an interesting contrast. Moses is personally called by God to bring about the salvation of the Israelite people in Egypt, but Moses begs God to send someone else to do it. The centurion begs Jesus to heal his servant, telling him that he doesn't even have to come because the Centurion trusts so deeply that Jesus need only to speak and the healing will happen. Moses sees only his own limitations and not the limitless nature of God. The Centurion understands the power that Jesus has and that everything is at his disposal. Moses' doubts about himself limit his faith, while the Centurion ignores and obstacles and wholly trusts Jesus. Who do you wanna be more like? Moses makes God angry, while the Centurion amazes Jesus. I want to amaze Jesus with my faith...I want to trust him utterly...I want to act when I feel Him urging me to act (not beg God to send somebody else)...I want to follow Jesus, not be dragged kicking and screaming into God's will. Lord give me the strength to do so.

No comments: