Monday, November 3, 2008

2 Timothy Chapter 1 - November 3, 2008

1:5 - How important is it to live out your faith boldly in your family? HUGE! As a father it is my duty to pour the power of truth of the gospel into my children...it is their choice to grab a hold of that truth (But they're still gonna go to church no matter what if they are living in my house!). If you are a student living at home, you can also lead through the example of your faith.

1:9 - God did not call us because we are "good" enough - He called us because HE is good enough!

1:12 - If you know what you believe and who you believe in...if you truly know it - you will be able to live boldly and powerfully for God in this world.

1:14 - Tap into the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within you as a believer, and fight to protect the faith that has been planted within you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look who woke up in the morning and was completed bored with the election coverage in the UK.

Good Morning. I have always recalled verse 7 as a spirit of power and love but have overlooked the spirit of self-discipline. There are parts of my life I need to fan the flame of self-discipline. No longer will I accept the excuse from another christian that they just can't help themselves.

Verse 12, Paul really took on the burden and responsibility of carrying the gospel throughout the world. I should have the same tenacity in my world, i.e, work, church, neighbors, etc...

Peace.