Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jude - January 15, 2009

I read the book today, but am a little strapped for time, so I will quickly tell you what I love about my man Jude. His passion for the Gospel of Jesus Christ is palpable! His energy and love for truth is challenging. As Christians we must fright for the truth. There is absolute truth. There are series of truths that are nonnegotiable when it comes to Christianity. There are people that like to take the awesome grace of God and turn it in to a get out of jail free card, so they can go and sin whenever and however they want and we must not allow that to exist in our midst. It is our duty as the children of God to defend His truth and as the brothers and sisters of all mankind to save passionately try to save each other from destruction. I like Jude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that the 1st century Christians had to battle false teachers so early in the history of the church. We are so fortunate today, with Christianity being established that this is not prominent in our Church. However, I think this should prompt us to always keep an eye out. The evil one is cunning and will find a way to infiltrate. As I have mentioned before, I think our American Culture can be the thing that waters down the message of Christ. That is a book witin itself.

fcawarrior said...

Hey I just found this blog as a link off of Chaz's new site, walls of veritas. I think this is great and am gonna try and come on and read each day. Reply's may be a little delayed tho because I'll probably look at the previous day's post in the morning's before school :)
God Bless!

Brand al Thor said...

Welcome to the blog...I'm glad you like it. Feel free to expound on what you think of each passage.