Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Revelation Chapter 18 - May 6, 2009

18:4-5 - This is a call from the angel of God for all of us and for those who come after us to leave the world behind and go running to God. God is giving people a second chance, calling them to Him even out of Babylon (Or the world of self worship). God is calling us to leave the lies behind and experience real life.

18:7 - WOW! Talk about a wake up call. How many times in life has that been me? Glorifying myself and seeking comfort for myself...seeking luxury? How many times? It is brutal to see the great prostitute Babylon described in a way that easily paints a picture of who I have been before...that hurts. We have to understand the price for serving self and seeking only comfort is way too high...torment and mourning! Am I willing to pay with my soul for a few shorts years of earthly comfort?

18:14 - Read em' and weep. This is truth. Eventually everything the world chases after will be worth absolutely nothing - TVs, cars, houses, popularity, vacations, clothes, technology, fame, everything! We will all see that clearly at some point. I hope for our sake, we see that before the end.

No comments: