Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Luke Chapter 12 - August 27th, 2008

Sheldon and I have been talking a lot about prayer, so I wanted to pray through the passage today. You simply read through the chapter and when you get to a verse that speaks to you, you pray it to God...

12:1 - God please give me the strength to stand true to your word and the life you have called me to...God help me not to live as a hypocrite in this world. Hypocrisy unchecked only leads to more hypocrisy and I don't want that to be my legacy.

12:11ff - God, please build up my faith so that I will never allow fear to stall my ability to share my faith. God let me remember it is not about what know or my slick answers, it is about your Spirit within me and you will give me the words I need. Thank you for that.

12:25 - (Great verse to repeat over and over as a prayer if you are struggling with worry) God, what am I doing...what does this worry add to my life, but more worry? God, please cleanse my mind of the lies of this world and help me to remember that you are in control ad you love me. Worrying only serves to destroy my life and exist as a sign of my lack of faith.

12:31 - God please let me be a man that replaces worry with a kingdom focus. God please help me to take captive my every thought of worry and make it obedient to you...God help me to take every worry and let it be a reminder for me to ignore the worry and seek your kingdom.

12:37 - God, please wake me up. God wake me from the zombie sleep I often walk through this life with...God help me to b fully awake and fully aware of your plan fr my life and your kingdom work. I don't want to waste the time you've given me God...I want to be serving you with everything I have when it comes to your return or my departure.

12:45 - God please help me to fight against the lies of Satan that tell me I have all the time in the world. The lies tell me I can lie however I want from time to time because I have a lifetime to make up for it...God you know that is sick and so do I. God I don't want live a life trying to take advantage of grace ad cheapening you sacrifice...I want to honor you with my life and I need you in me to make that happen.

I love you God, amen.

2 comments:

James said...

vs 8 & 49
Jesus
may i stand for you and not back down from the truth that is you
may i be a fire for you, spreading to everyone i come into contact with
thank you for being my everything
amen.

Ish said...

Father, thank you for everything you've done. Thank you for being in my life and putting forth the effort to gain me through loving me and not simply scaring me to love you. I pray that you continue to use me, Father. That I continue to be a better husband, better student minister, better friend, better brother, better son, a better disciple. I love you...