Friday, August 8, 2008

Luke Chapter 2 - August 8, 2008

Mary, the shepherds, Simeon, Anna...all of these people are Israelites that were privy to the knowledge of the Savior before the rest of the country. They were people that caught God's eye as righteous and worthy of such knowledge...even when much of the Israelite religious system was rife with corruption and apathy, God set apart a remnant of faithful who were longing for the promised Messiah. I hope that I can be a part f the remnant of true Christ followers who remain faithful in the face of the secularization and apathy that plague the modern American Christian Church!

3:37 - Anna is a great example of godly widowhood...a woman that does not feel like she has "earned a rest" in life, but one who continues to chase after God day by day. Beautiful!

3:49 - I, just like every parent, want my kids to be safe and healthy, but I also need o be a father who understands that my children are called to a higher standard than living safe and comfortable lives. I must always remember that Dane and Aidan are called to more than just worldly accomplishments and monetary gain...they are called to be the sons of God in this world...thy are called to be followers of Christ, and often dangerous and difficult road. I hope hat I will understand that they are their Father's children...their heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Notice how the shepards once they say Jesus went and told othere of the goog news. We should be the same when we see good news. It is not just a command, it should be so real to us that it is a response.

Out of all the stories that Luke heard of and could of wrote about when Jesus was a boy, he chose the one when Jesus stayed behind at the temple. This was the special account of a young boy claiming who he is. Twelve years old, savior of mankind, obedient son.

Jdye said...

yo i read it and i think mr.t has a good point with recognizing opportunities to spread the word.

jared

Ish said...

what really stood out to me today was Simeon's obedience and trust in the Holy Spirit. This is when the Spirit wasn't a common thing like it is today. Simeon had no reason to trust, but he did. And God fulfilled his promise to this trusting man, who met his savior before he died. Father, help me to trust like Simeon. Continue to test me and build me so that I may trust and reflect you like Simeon did in this text.