Friday, March 14, 2008

March Chapter 16 - March 14, 2008

16:5-6 - Whenever people come in contact with the spiritual realm...they are totally freaked out. This is the case repeatedly in the bible. An angel shows up and people get scared. Let's not forget, these are only angels...their just angels...they are way below God -WAY, WAY below God in the incredible, awe-inspiring presence department (And every other department for that matter!). If we as human beings cannot stand being in the presence of angels...how could we in the flesh stand the presence of God? We couldn't. Some people question why God doesn't just show up, so that we will all believe? Because he is merciful - He knows we can't handle it (There's lots of reasons: Pure goodness can't be around sinfulness with obliterating it; He wants to give us the choice to love Him and we would have no choice if He was here is all his glory, etc.). That just jumps out to me as another example of God's mercy and love for us.

16:13-14 - The disciples allowed their own fear and their sadness surrounding the death of Jesus blind them from seeing Jesus at work in other's lives. I want to make sure that in my life, I do not allow the struggles that I go through to blind me from the amazing things that God is doing in my life and the lives of others. I want to have such an open connection with God as I go through life that I am not plagued with doubt, but I am alive with joy and praise.

2 comments:

James said...

The women ask who will roll the stone away. That’s just like us – worrying about the things that can be done and have already been done for us even if we don’t yet realize it.

Praise to our Lord for all of the impossibles that He takes care of in our lives.
j

Ish said...

An interesting point is brought up when asking "why doesn't God just show himself?" There are several questions like that, where we can question God's motive for doing something, when in reality it is us throwing another excuse into the pit. There is nothing wrong with people seeking answers, and wanting to know stuff, but at the end of the day Following Christ is still a step of faith, and I feel that at times as a body, as an individual, we fall short of that in our pursuit of knowing.