Tuesday, June 10, 2008

1 Corinthians 16 - June 10, 2008

I quote Brandon - "Blogging in Thailand - I won't be". Keep everyone on the trip in your prayers.

Brando asked Tim and James (that's me) to sit in on the commentary for the next few days.

So - here we go.

NIV – 13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Or as the Message says – Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got, be resolute, and love without stopping.

God’s commands always get back to basics – don’t stop loving – God first with everything you’ve got and then everyone else.

I also always liked Paul’s encouragement to other believers – something we can always improve upon here and now.

Peace,
james

1 comment:

Ish said...

The end of individual Pauline letters have always been kind of awkward until recently. See, I've started to notice all the different greetings and closing remarks Paul has to individual people at the end of his letters. It's stuff like this that is a result of the witness Paul lived for the Gospel! It encourages me to continue to be a witness and live out for the glory of Jesus Christ. I love that I can call my friend Bryan, who I haven't spoken to in a while, and pick up right where we left off. We can do that because of our unity in Christ! We know that we are each doing things for the Kingdom, and regardless of how much time apart we've spent, anytime we see each other, we can embrace, say "HUH!!!" at the top of our lungs, and remember our unity in Christ.