Monday, June 23, 2008

Hebrews 9 - June 23, 2008

Here is a comparison of how worship used to be - a step by step process - and how Christ turned it all around. At first, only one priest could enter the tabernacle. Now, because of Christ, we all can enter.

The priest entered by earthly sacrificial means. Jesus entered by His own blood and as it says "he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence."

And because Christ's sacrifice was perfect, He (Jesus) does not have to sacrifice Himself again and again.

On a personal note - these last few days have not been fun for me. I have been hurting and found out others that I care about have been hurting - physically, mentally, spiritually.

So - try to remember to pray to the One who is there for us in the Father's presence. And after reading this article on Time.com - Christians: No One Path to Salvation - we need to be praying to Jesus - the only way - that people will realize the He is only way.
Check it out...
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1817217,00.html?xid=rss-topstories

Peace through Him,
james

1 comment:

Ish said...

Father, thank you for allowing me to be a part of a group of people who call to you. For being a part of a group of people that you sent your son to die for. I know you did it for me, but it wasn't just for me. You did it for so many of us, and that you would include me in that group of people, I am so grateful. I thank you for coming down and beating the standard that was previous. That only by your perfect blood the old covenant would be put to rest. I love you.