Friday, June 27, 2008

Hebrews 13 - June 27, 2008

2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. This would just be a jaw dropping moment to later on find out that you had met an angel. What if you turned them away? This is why we need to demonstrate kindness to all.

9 - Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. How true for the world today. When people who grew up in Christian denomination and non-denomination churches start beleiving that Jesus is NOT the only way - something is way wrong.

We should remember the part in verse 17 about obeying our leaders so that their work is a joy and not a burden. Too often we put our leaders on a pedestal and hold them to a higher standard - one that is nearly impossible to obtain. Remember - they are human just like us - and they serve the same God we do - they have joys and pain - just like we do. Pray for them - test the things they say to make sure they are God's truth - serve with them - love them.

Brando should be back and pick it up Monday.

It has been fantastic blogging - with myself apparently - but hey - at least I got to read more of the Word - what it's all about.

Grace be with you all.

peace,
j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from my 6 hour lay over in Japan. Good thing I logged in today to at least catch the last chapter of Hebrews.

I particularly like verses 7 and 8. Once again it is a challenge to me as a youth sponsor. Can the boys I mentor look at me and consider the outcome of how I live out my faith? Or is my life all too often camoflauged in our culture.

Prais be to God that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Ish said...

That is really scary. To tell someone to imitate me in their pursuit of Christ. I am not perfect, and I mess up consistently. But it is that challenge and calling that leads me to get up and clean up and keep going. I need to lead people. People are imitating me in their pursuit of Christ! Father, help me to continually grow in you and put you in first place, so that I am a decent example of the life you call us to live!